Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Oasys Slope Modelling - Version 3.5

It was in 1996 when I was first been introduced to Oasys Slope Stability software.  That was during my MSc dissertation project. I was supervised by Prof Charles Harris with the help from an engineer from Sir Halcrow Ltd UK.  . The main objective of the study was to evaluate the stability of a huge landslide, located in Bournville, Wales, United Kingdom. I used Oasys SLOPE Version 3.5 to complete the modeling work.  I still remember, I was given two boxes of diskettes containing the Oasys Computer Program.   

Figure 1.  Satellite view of my study area located in Bournville, Wales UK

Below are some of my modelling results using Oasy Slope Stability software Version 3.5

Figure 2.  Front page of my Msc dissertation 
Figure 3.  Mathematical model of section 4-4 before the failure with non-circular slip surface

Figure 4. Ideal mathematical model of the slope 1 with FOS = 1.004





No comments: